Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do What They Do For a Day

I find a pair of rain boots, and I dig out a fall raincoat.  We're walking to school in the pouring rain today. 

Everyone's excited about the puddles.  Suddenly, I recall those deep memories of childhood: stomping in puddles, twirling your umbrella, tasting the rain. 

So here I am, bringing up the rear of a group of school children, and I'm stomping in the puddles with all my might. 

"That felt exactly like I thought it would," I say to one father as water and mud splash up around my boots.   "It's just how I remembered it." 

What else will my children do today that I might do right along with them? 

Living with flair means you do what they do sometimes. 

______________________
Journal:  Can you recall some rainy day memories? 

2 comments:

David Rupert said...

My first kiss was in the rain!

Anonymous said...

How romantic! What a movie scene!