Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Turning Over a New Leaf " This Fall

Today, I learn the etymology of the phrase, "turning over a new leaf."  It dates back to the 16th century and literally means to turn the page.

I'm ready to turn the page.  I'm ready to move on in my story.  Aren't you?

As the air turns crisp and the leaves begin to fall around my Pennsylvania home, I notice one little tree in the woods has turned bright red.  She's transforming--dropping the old--and preparing for the new.   No other tree feels the need to yet, but she does. 

One Tree Changing Colors
What confidence and courage it takes to transform!   

I'm moving into this new season with my heart open to change. 

___________________
Journal:  What changes will I make this fall season?

1 comment:

Lorella from Italy said...

Lovely post!
I love fall so much !

I don't know if I'm ready, but I have to change something in my life and it's hard.

Thanks for your thoughts and for sharing them.