Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When You're Doing Things You Don't Want to Be Doing

I'm driving to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and I realize this is the last thing I want to be doing.  But when you live in Central Pennsylvania, at least you can look out the window into the wilderness while doing things you don't want to be doing.


I look out the window and briefly consider running off into the wilderness just to see what sort of adventure I might find (anything to avoid the driver's license photo).  

What's out there, anyway?  What would happen if I walked deep into these woods and climbed up that mountain?  What if my family just built a little cabin right here?  What kind of woman might I be out there? 

I like thinking about it.  I like that this line I'm waiting in gives me time to consider a new idea.  Maybe all adventures begin in the mind while you're doing the thing you don't want to be doing. 

Thank God for long lines in the Department of Motor Vehicles.
______________
Journal:  What do you think about when you're doing things you don't want to do? 

1 comment:

Julie Bond Genovese said...

I love this Heather, and all your posts! I also had an amazing experience at the DMV recently - found an angel! You can read about it here -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-genovese/dancing-at-the-division-o_b_858159.html
Write on : )
Julie