Friday, November 4, 2011

Your Glorious Descent

 It's time.

One Leaf Takes Flight

You lift off, send yourself into the glorious unknown, and let God carry you.

Autumn Leaf Mid-Flight

My children twirl about in this dance of falling leaves. 


We'll crunch them underfoot and crush them in our hands.  They'll go on to nourish the soil and let another generation of leaves rise up.  As I think about getting older, about surrendering, about giving my life away to others, I realize it's a glorious descent. 

I feel like that beautiful leaf against the brightest blue sky.  My daughter reaches up and grabs it in her hand, delighted.  In motherhood, you let go, die to yourself every single day, and fall into the ancient pattern.

But that's the only way to dance in the wind.  It's the only way to be free.



___________________
Have you felt free when you die to yourself?

PS:  Taking photos of falling leaves is really hard. I just wanted to mention that!

2 comments:

Kathy Robbins said...

I have never thought about it, but now that you mention it, taking a picture of a falling anything would be hard. I loved the pictures and the thoughts. 

Seabluelee said...

You did a great job! Love that single leaf against the blue sky.