Sunday, May 13, 2012

Even in the Not Yet

This morning, my youngest takes me to the garden to see the very first blush of red on the very first strawberry in the patch. 

Almost.  Soon.   In due time.  I nearly turn away because it's not ripe yet. 

But wait. 


I take a photo because I love this, right here, right now, at this stage. 


I spent so many years hurrying through the stages of motherhood.  I spent so many years hurrying through the stages of my own life.  I wanted the next thing.  I wanted to chase the next great dream. 

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."  I hear the old words from Albus Dumbledore, and I realize that in all my hoping for the next thing, I often forget to live. 

I pray that we love each and every stage--wherever, however, and whenever.  Even in the unripe.  Even in the not yet. 

____________________________________
Enjoy this. 


2 comments:

Tammie said...

Really a special post!  Happy Mother's Day.

Roberta Beach said...

Yes - enjoy this now; don't worry about recording, don't worry about photos (though this is lovely) but enjoy the moment, the time, what's happening. You have a wise daughter with a wiser mom whose open to learning.