Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Return to Joy

This morning, I wake up after a day in bed with a fever and aches.  The sun finally shines, and the whole world seems to sparkle. 

It's true.  I see it again after all this rain.

The children and I find a robin's egg on the walk to school.

Robin's Egg on the Walk

We see glorious flowers illuminated by a rising sun.  




I turn to my garden, and I find evidence of a great harvest to come. 


The blackberries blossom with promise. 



 The lilac and iris fragrance the whole yard. 



The whole earth is full of Joy. 

_________________________________________
Don't you love that first sun after days of rain? 

4 comments:

Patricia W Hunter said...

Beautiful joy!!! 

Yes, I do love the first sun after days of rain, but right now, I'd also love days of rain after these many days of sun on Pollywog Creek.

LivewithFlair said...

So true!  Too much sun and we need the rain again!

Italian Mama said...

Professional-grade photos!  Thanks for sharing such beautiful sights right in our backyard!  BTW, we love strawberries...just sayin'

Elaine said...

Yes! This morning the light is so beautiful sending sparkles off every lingering raindrop.  I had to go out and walk in the beauty.
I'm so glad you were well to walk and see and share with us.