Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Within the One, Two Thousand

I climb on a chair to peer inside.



 The sunflower is really in there. 


My youngest is amazed that a seed no bigger than her fingernail is making this. And that one seed will turn into as many as 2000 seeds (they are really called the "fruit" of the plant) once the sunflower blooms and continues to grow.

One seed into two thousand? How can it be?

I love this simple truth that some things we plant do multiply into more than themselves. Within the one, two thousand. We just cannot know.

Living with flair means we remember that one good thing sown in faith can multiply beyond our imagination.

(I need to learn how to harvest  the seeds to eat. Hopefully, this will be easier than my acorn flour experiment. )

________________________________________
Have you harvested sunflower seeds?


1 comment:

E.B. said...

yum... sunflower seeds!