Friday, August 16, 2013

Down This Forgotten Path

I return today to a little park that I once frequented with strollers and juice boxes--back when my oldest started kindergarten instead of middle school.

So much time has passed! We walk down a familiar path that we'd forgotten about: the butterfly garden trail that six years later has grown indeed.


Well-planned and perfectly tended by a whole community of experts, this garden attracts the most beautiful butterflies.


As I walk down this path, I note how much beauty can grow up in just a few years.  The seeds planted all those years ago have grown into this:






We grow up, too, in this community. Walking down the path with young ladies instead of toddlers, I'm thankful for a garden path that reminds me how the seeds parents--and the whole community-- plant into the lives of children do one day bloom.

No comments: